The Role is a varied role, working in our customer facing services delivery team, this role is a hands-on delivery position. The role is focused on the delivery of data analysis, reporting and services support for a number of Hummingbirds clients. The daily activities include providing data reporting for client analysis, working within a team to provide support services and troubleshooting issues along with designing and developing new reports and dashboards for various clients.
The role includes delivering solutions in technology transformation projects that include a project portfolio platform, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence, alongside data planning technology. The role also includes building strong partnerships with colleagues at all levels, inside and outside of the Hummingbird teams, as well as collaboration with other data experts across the entire organisation.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for 3 key outputs:
- Working with cross-functional teams, the vendor and the client, this role will support and manage BI projects services for Hummingbird clients.
- Provide traditional BI delivery services such as design, develop, test and implement reports and dashboards that utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s).
- Provide support and maintenance functions in our delivery organisation, working alongside and with our team of principal consultants, Solution Architects and PMO Services.
- Exceptional information quality maintaining data structures in data warehouse
- Exceptional information content according to business; Design, develop and produce datasets in the data warehouse
- A proven track record of building and maintaining business intelligence and analytics solutions upstanding service and system quality
- Excellent continuous improvement systems to provide system confidence and flexibility
- Efficiently identifies and supports platform issues
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Ensure documentation and definitions of business and technical metadata are up to date and available to enable explanation of data from source systems
- Maintain datasets in accordance with metadata and Hummingbird/Planview definitions.
- Develop datasets to meet information needs.
- Identify data quality issues and support information governance by participating in necessary activities.
- Provide Technical support and management functions for client deployments – capability to revere engineer / tracing of issues.
- Effective unit testing and debugging to ensure quality solutions are delivered for system testing.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with diverse stakeholders to clearly identify opportunities and challenges that can be addressed with Data Analytics solutions
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Develops data pipelines and solutions using appropriate tools to address business needs.
- Convert legacy reports (primarily Business Objects) to BI solutions.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for continuous improvement
- Educate stakeholders on the importance of data and information, including data models, architecture and methodologies such as ETL
- Provides quality and timely end user support. Keeping customers informed about business intelligence tool problems and resolutions.
- Work with Professional Services, Developers, and teams to provide technical direction and solutions for Hummingbird products and services. Partner with these teams to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation.
- Work with technology partners and enterprise clients to define end to end solution design.
- Analyse, interpret, and make recommendations based on gathered data
People leadership and capability development
- Experience in a similar capacity in a relevant domain ideally across digital/mobile/web.
- Hands-on Business Intelligence Developer with practical examples of BI Development digital solutions.
- Proven ability to work as a team to architect, develop, and deploy solutions across modern digital environments.
- Knowledge of software/hardware design, selection, and deployment techniques and methodologies.
- Certified consultant or technology equivalent accredited in specialist area.
- At least 2-5 years of technical IT-related experience.
- Business or similar degree qualification preferred.
- Technical Aptitude – Engineering, Reverse-engineering, and tracing capabilities
- Exposure to corporate environment working with senior executives.
- Experience in a customer interfacing role where consultancy skills are required.
- Worked as a key contributor in cross functional teams or projects.
- Previous customer support and troubleshooting.
- Track record of performance in their own area of expertise.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience working across industry / product / architecture domains.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience delivering business solutions including business value modelling, and Data Management Frameworks
- Minimum 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in a BI development or analysis
- Experience with Data acquisition, profiling, cleansing, and consolidation
- Creating data visualisations e.g. reports, dashboard
- Demonstrated capabilities in end-to-end data architecture (including data modelling, data warehousing etc.
- Performing requirements analysi
- Testing capabilities
- SQL – Low level stored procedures, complex queries etc.
- Microsoft Power BI experience
- Cognos or SSRS experience
- SMART IQ = formerly Intellidox Infiniti
- Windows Server Experience
- IIS Services
- Technical Documentation Skills
- Proactive delivery – striving to exceed expectations, demonstrating accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Conflict management – able to remain calm under pressure and able to diffuse difficult situations by effectively managing customer expectations.
- Persuasive influencing – tailoring information, insights and arguments for different stakeholders.
- Critical thinking – able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Communication and presentation skills – strong ability to present and translate very complex storage solutions or strategies into simple to understand clear concepts and objectives for project execution.
- Teamwork – building mutual support and understanding with colleagues across functions.
- Setting direction – providing clear sense of direction by aligning goals, objectives and priorities to business strategies.
- Driving continuous improvements – challenging current practice to drive innovation in everything they do.
- Owning your development – demonstrating commitment to personal learning and development.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear